SPRING 2010 NISU/PULLA BAKE – SATURDAY, MARCH 27th
Zion Lutheran Church 508 Eagle Street- Fairport
Mark your calendar now to plan on helping out with the upcoming Finnish Heritage Museum Spring 2010 Nisu Bake! This will be the last opportunity for us to meet until late 2010, so please make every effort to attend.
MARCH 27th at Zion Lutheran Church – 508 Eagle Street, Fairport Harbor
Our day will begin at 7:00 a.m. with those volunteers who will be preparing the dough. As the day continues, more folks will be needed to braid the dough into loaves, apply the egg wash & pearled sugar, wash the bowls and mixing utensils, bag the cooled loaves for sale, etc. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!!!
- Dough makers should arrive at or soon after 7:00 a.m.
- Braiders should arrive at about 10:30 a.m.
- Auxiliary helpers for all other tasks may arrive as their available time permits. Please contact me to let me know when you will be available!
- Be sure to bring your head covering and apron, although there will be aprons on hand for those who don’t have one of their own.
- …AND DON’T FORGET TO BRING SNACKS TO SHARE! (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!)
I will be donating all of the baking ingredients, and, due to popular demand, we will be using Montana Sapphire Flour from now on!
Please contact me ASAP if you would like to be a part of the “FLOUR-POWER TEAM”. You may do so via my cell phone (440-796-9281)
Hard work?? You bet! But we always have a great time sharing our laughter and smiles! As always, freshly brewed coffee will going all day long…
If you’d like to reserve loaves for pick-up after 2:00 p.m., please let me know in advance. We will be making the standard size loaves and selling them for $6.00.
Your efforts will result in a well-received fundraising event to bring in much needed monies to support the museum…your museum!
Sue Troutman – Nisu/Pulla Bake Coordinator (440-796-9281)